In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, thousands in the New York City metro area are struggling to find gas.
Lines to gas stations are 30 minutes long in some areas and up to two hours long in others. The Daily Beast reported on November 2 that up to 75 percent of the gas stations in New York City are not able to sell gas. However, there is hope out there for those in need.
For , I would recommend using the GasBuddy mobile app, which will locate which gas stations are open and serving customers.
I would also suggest searching Twitter with the hashtags #NYgas and #NJgas to find what people are saying about open gas stations in New York and New Jersey.
On Long Island, the Hess station located at 3924 Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown, New York, had just a 20-minute line as of 1 p.m. on November 2. LongIslandGasPrices.com has been keeping an updated list of the gas stations that are open and operating on Long Island.
There is currently no comprehensive list of the open gas stations on Long Island and , but the New Jersey list is available. According to NJ.com, here's a look at the open stations in the Garden State:
- Belleville - Station on Union Avenue near Washington Avenue.
- Clifton - Sunoco on Route 3.
- Dover - BP, Route 46.
- East Hanover - Sunoco at corner of Ridgedale and Hanover avenues.
- Fairfield - Valero on Route 46 East.
- Green Brook Hess on Route 22 West.
- Hasbrouck Heights - Shell, BP, and Valero stations on Route 17 North.
- Kinnelon - Lukoil, Route 23.
- Mahwah - Multiple stations open on Route 17 and Franklin Turnpike.
- Morristown - Shell on Morris Avenue ($20 max, premium only).
- Mount Olive - and Shell gas stations on Route 206.
- Morris Plains - Liberty on Route 10.
- Newark - Hess on McCarter Highway.
- New Providence - NJ Fuel, South Street.
- Parsippany - Wawa on New Road and station on Route 10 East between Powder Mill and Route 202.
- Roxbury - Hess Station on Route 10.
- Rockaway - , Mount Pleasant and Mount Hope roads.
- Succasunna - Hess at corner of Commerce Road and Route 10.
- Summit - on River Road.
- Union - Sunoco on Route 22.
- West Orange - at Eagle Rock and Prospect roads.
- Westfield - on South and Central avenues.
- Wharton - Costco on Route 15.
- Woodbridge - Wawa on King George Road.
- West Caldwell - Shell on Bloomfield/Passaic avenues.
- Bordentown - Valero, Route 130.
- Clinton - Shell gas, West Main Street.
- Cranbury - Valero and Sunoco on Route 130 South.
- East Brunswick - Lukoil, Route 18, and Hess, Route 18.
- Ewing - Lukoil at Ewingville Road and Spruce Street and Valero, West Upper Ferry Road.
- Edison - Shell on New Durham Road and Costco, Route 27.
- East Windsor - Valero stations on 130.
- Flemington - Wawa on Highway 31 and Wawa near Applebee's, Route 31/202.
- Hamilton - Valero on Nottingham Way and Hess Station, Route 33.
- Hillsborough - Exxon and Quick Check stations on Route 206.
- Milltown - Hess, South Main Street.
- North Brunswick - Valero, Route 1 South, and Raceway Fuel, Route 1 South.
- Princeton - Route 1 South next to Princetonian Diner.
- Washington - Hess, Route 31.
- West Windsor - Lukoil on Route 1 South.
- Whitehorse Station - Go & Go on Main Street near the train station.
Monmouth and Ocean Counties
- Brick - Costco, Route 70.
- Berkeley Township - Quick Chek, Route 9 South.
- Brielle - Hess on Route 70.
- Eatontown - Citgo, Route 35.
- Howell - Wawa on US-9 North.
- Jackson - Route 537, north of outlets.
- Jackson - Quick Check, West Veterans Highway.
- Jackson - Wawa by Great Adventure.
- Lakewood - BP, Route 9.
- Little Egg Harbor - Wawa, Route 539.
- Leonardo - Wawa on Appleton Avenue.
- Manahawkin - Wawa and Gulf Stations.
- Middletown - Quik Check, Route 35.
- Middletown - Craig's, Route 35.
- Neptune - Citgo, Route 33.
- Ocean - Hess, Route 35.
- Toms River - Wawa locations on Route 70 and Route 37; Exxon, Route 70; Vosper's, Route 37; Raceway, Route 37 East.
- Florence - Various stations on Route 130.
- Lumberton - Stations on Route 38.
- Paulsboro - Wawa, Route 18 and 295.
N.J. Turnpike and Garden State Parkway
- Turnpike, service station between Exits 11 and 12, Woodbridge.
- Turnpike, Vince Lombardi rest stop, Ridgefield.
- Alexander Hamilton service station off Exit 16E, Secaucus.
- Garden State Parkway, Exit 143, Maplewood/Hillside.
- Garden State Parkway, Monmouth Service Area, Wall Township.
Posted by Mags/ By Eric Holden/ From Yahoo.com